- Contact Us
- Committee — The Committee governs and manages MelbPC.
- Membership — Join the club, or renew your existing membership.
Melb PC — The Melbourne Computer Club
We are a club, interested in technology, computers, smartphones and similar. Based in Melbourne, we have around 2,000 members. There are many Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which meet in various locations, including our headquarters in Moorabbin, other Melbourne suburbs, and a few locations in regional Victoria. The club commenced in 1984, focused on IBM compatible PCs. Today the club has much broader interests. Members range from beginner to advanced, we learn from each other, and our motto is: members helping members. Our full name is Melbourne PC User Group Inc. Consider joining.
Melb PC Rules (Constitution)
Our Rules can be found here. We are an Incorporated Association in Victoria, Australia.
Statement of Purposes
The purposes of Melb PC are given in our Rules. They are as follows.
The purposes of the Association are — to conduct on a non profit basis activities to help members learn and use systems and devices using various technologies, especially computing, software, and communications technology (inc. the Internet and World Wide Web, personal computers & devices), to achieve the following outcomes:
• advancing computer literacy;
• advancing education and the exchange of ideas;
• keeping members up to date on developments in computer and information technology and helping members to exchange information;
• representing members in public debate in areas of interest including law reform proposals;
• engaging with similar organisations; and
• carrying out activities that benefit the Association