March monthly meeting guest
The March 2023 monthly meeting will be a hybrid (Zoom or Room) meeting. Our guest is Brendan Lewis.
Title = “A story on Old people in America and Artificial Intelligence”
Brendan Lewis is a seasoned technology leader with extensive experience in international growth. He is the President of RealThing AI and the Head of Global Business Development for the company. RealThing AI is a company that specializes in developing conversational AI and applying into to a niche group – the aged and visually impaired. He set up the company’s US operations and has sold hundred million dollar plus programs in to the US government over the past 4 years since launch there.
Prior to joining RealThing, Brendan was:-
- Appointed the City of Greater London’s sole representative in Australia for International Trade & Investment, a role he held for 6 years;
- Set up new technology businesses in Romania, Indonesia with machine tool engineering firm CNC Design & was appointed a Director of their Korean subsidiary;
- Set up new operations in Hong Kong & Vietnam with Avio Avionics;
- Has a history of technology entrepreneurship, purchasing 2 of his ventures, starting up 3 and selling 4;
- Has capital raising experience for high tech ventures, raising from AUD$2M-AUD$20M.
Brendan has also Chaired or has been a Director a number of not-for-profits including The Churchill Club, Burwood Business Network and Startup-Victoria in Australia. He has run an advertising agency, commanded an armoured reconnaissance troop and written software for a living. He is also a co-author of Investment Aftercare Explained, currently for sale via Routledge’s.
He holds undergraduate qualifications in Commerce & Computing from Curtin University and postgraduate qualifications in Accounting & Finance from Monash University. He has undertaken executive education at Harvard Business School and Kellogg School of Management.