Melb PC — The Melbourne Computer Club
We are a club, interested in technology, computers, smartphones and similar, based in Melbourne — we have over 2,000 members. There are many Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which meet in various Melbourne suburbs and a few locations in regional Victoria.
We provide free computer help and fix computer problems.
Members range from beginner to advanced, we learn from each other, and our motto is: members helping members. Consider joining.
Quick Links for Members
- PC Update: – Download the latest 2 Issues of our Newsletter/magazine
- PC Update: – Download any issue back to 2012 from PC Update Current Issues and Archives. ( login with your MelbPC Office 365 account before trying to display this page)
- SIGs Monthly Meeting Calendar (1-page pdf) …
- SIG Meetings – recent CHANGES to regular schedule (last update: 24-Apr-2018). Recent changes apply to:
- North East SIGs (Genealogy; Android; North East Daytime and Photography/Digital-Imaging)
- East Workshop & 3D Printing SIG
Next meeting: Wednesday 2nd May 2018 – Start time is 7 pm Sharp.
At 7.00 pm sharp the meeting will open with our regular Q&A Session. Bring along your computer related questions and we will all try and find answers for you.
After Q&A our President John Hall will present his President’s Report.
At 7:30 the main speaker will be Dr Jake Goldenfein from Swinburne on “The intersection of Technology and the Law”. Jake is big on online privacy and related matters. He has proposed hanging his talk off Cambridge Analytics and FaceBook.
After the break George Skarbek will discuss the life of a SSD which has a finite number of read / write cycles and a way to not only extend that life but speed up your computer as well. George will also show ways to save money by avoiding the ‘Lazy Tax’
At about 9:20 George Skarbek will give a short presentation of What’s New, with interesting tidbits from around the Internet.
The meeting will close at 9:30 pm.
You can connect to live streaming when the Monthly Meeting is taking place.
Videos of Nov-2017 Monthly Meeting — now available for download
- Contact Us — address, phone, building access, map, …
- About Us — club rules, Committee, SIGs …
- Membership — Join the club.
Note: Existing Members can renew their membership online by logging in with their Melb PC Account credentials.
- SIGs (Special Interest Groups) — List, Meetings & contact details, Webpages
- Members Area: about – Login
- For login-access, you need a Melb PC Account. Members can request one here.
- Information about the MelbPC Office365 Cloud Services: — supplied through our Enterprise subscription
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED — more information here
- Office volunteers
- QuickBooks – bookkeeping
- Rules Review Team
- Editorial “Staff” (backup/emergency) for the PC Update Magazine
- Committee Minutes & Financials: about – Download – login required
- Jun-2017 Financials now available
- Sep-2017 Minutes now available
- Services — Help, Library, Venue hire, Office 365 Cloud Services, …