DOTW is a lighthearted look at some of the sillier events of the week. Don’t take it too seriously and do pop over to Chit Chat and vote each week. Thanks to those of our members who occasionally ‘feature’ for taking the gentle humour in such good part.
Again DOTW was dominated by the pandemic although there were other topics emerging and even a return of some rather awful jokes! Let’s hope the good news continues.
Our October winners were:
• The Frankston cleaner who chose to work at busy Chadstone shopping centre when he knew he should have been self isolating due to other family members being Covid-19 positive. We all know the disastrous results
• And, the very next week, more Covid idiots after Victoria Police issued 124 fines for corona-virus breaches across the state in the past 24 hours, including to 53 people who refused to wear a mask in public.
• Epping Gardens Aged Care Home for its disgraceful treatment of a resident with severe corona-virus including attempting to prevent hospitalisation and gross mishandling of her personal effects. Thankfully the resident survived.
• The Victorian Police Professional Standards Command for dropping criminal charges against a senior constable from Pakenham despite overwhelming evidence. Yet another case of police immunity!
• The Commonwealth Department of Health which we now know to have treated 2865 aged care providers seeking personal protective equipment from the National Medical Stockpile in an appalling fashion, declining almost all requests/