DOTW is a lighthearted look at some of the sillier events of the week. Don’t take it too seriously and do pop over to Chit Chat and vote each week. Thanks to those of our members who occasionally ‘feature’ for taking the gentle humour in such good part.
This month, as we plunged towards our current State of Disaster, Covid misbehaviour inevitably dominated the results. So poll winners during July were:
• Residents from Melbourne’s 10 coronavirus hotspots who have attempted to change the address on their driver’s licence to get around strict lockdown conditions.
• The offenders involved in a post-lock-down incident where ambulance officers noticed two people ordering around 20 KFC meals at 1.30am, with their car’s registration leading police to a townhouse where there were 16 people “hiding out the back”.
• The many Covid idiots who have attempted all manner of strategies to get around the rules. Poker games, Pokemon, multiple border crossing attempts, train stowaway attempts, illegal parties – you name it, people have tried it.
• Those responsible for two native kingfishers being found glued to the welcome sign at the entrance to Cathu State Forest. One of the birds had already been killed by a predator but the second one was rescued.
• The one in four people who have tested positive for COVID-19 who were not found to be at home when doorknocked by authorities on Thursday. In many cases, others at the premises told doorknockers that the person was at work.
Let’s hope DOTW will soon be able to return to more traditional winners!!